Got extra pounds to shed? Have a weight loss spa party. Weight loss and party don’t sound like they would even go together in the same sentence. However, they do if you make weight loss fun and part of making it fun by having a weight loss spa party. This post will give you some ideas on how to set up your spa party the right way so it’s easy on both your bank account and your time.
Who comes to a weight loss spa party?
You’ll want to invite one or more friends or family members who are interested in losing weight. It is best if they live fairly close since a weight loss spa party is not a one shot deal, at least not if you want it to work.
Hey fatty, want to come to my weight loss spa party?
Some people are very self conscious about their weight and are easily offended. For that reason, you should use discretion when you invite your friends. The above invitation probably isn’t the best approach. If it’s someone with whom you’ve discussed weight problems before, you might invite them by saying, “Hey Joan, I’ve decided to have a weight loss spa party because I want to get on track to lose some weight. Would be interested in coming? It’s going to be a lot of fun.”
For self conscious chubby chick friends it’s a bit trickier. You might try an invitation like this, “Sue, I’m going to have a spa party at my house. Would you like to come? It’s going to be a lot of fun. Oh, and we’re going to do some things having to do with weight loss because I need to lose some weight.”
Activities to include in a weight loss spa party
There are other posts covering what you might want to include in a spa party. You’ll definitely want to include some of these elements
such as a facial, pedicure or manicure. However, since this is a weight loss spa party there should be other elements such as:
- Add simple calorie burning exercises or take your guests on a walk or a swim.
- Serve absolutely scrumptious low calorie snacks.
- Have a slide show with images of the most complementary style of clothing to wear when you have a weight issue.
- Discuss the problems you’ve had losing weight and encourage your guests to do the same. Keep in mind the goal is to solve the problems, so suggestions and ideas are encouraged. For instance, what simple lifestyle changes might make losing weight easier?
- Discuss Lori’s efforts to lose weight. I’ve included links to her posts below.
Not just one weight loss spa party
Consider having a weekly weight loss spa party. If you keep the party simple and fun, it won’t cost much and all of you can reap huge benefits and a sister bond that will last a lifetime. If weekly isn’t possible, have your weight loss spa party biweekly or monthly.
- Alternate where the party is held between homes.
- Designate a different friend to provide the snacks. Maybe one friend brings the beverage and another brings the snack.
Above all, make your weight loss spa party lots of fun. No criticism or judgmental attitudes are allowed. Everyone should come away feeling more beautiful and more encouraged knowing you have each other to lean on.
Now go have fun and relax.
Summer Spa Party