Anti-aging spa snacks can be the perfect addition to a spa day or a spa party, particularly if you happen to be 35 or older. Now that doesn’t mean these snacks have to be dull and unappetizing. They can be totally yummy and fun.
The best anti aging spa snacks
- Yogurt – Yogurt is high in protein and probiotics (the good bugs). Be sure and buy active yogurt which simply means the good bugs are alive and well.
- Nuts and seeds – Actually a nut is a seed. However we don’t associate a walnut with flaxseed so we call one a nut and the other a seed. All nuts are great, but the best nuts and seeds are almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seed and flaxseed. Other good nuts and seeds include Brazil nuts, peanuts, pistachios, sunflowers seeds, sesame seeds and pine nuts.
- Veggies – Like nuts and seeds, all veggies are great, but broccoli is the alpha veggie and carrots come a close second.
- Eggs – Eggs from hens that are allowed to peck around in a yard for their food are the most nutritious because their eggs are high in omega 3 fatty acids. Sadly most of the eggs you buy in the grocery store are high in omega 6, and we get plenty of that from all the soy based foods most of us buy. The last time I was at the store, I bought eggs that were from naturally nested hens and the carton said each egg contains 275 mg of omega 3. They cost a little more, but were well worth the price.
- Fruit – Like veggies and nuts, they’re all great, but the best fruit are apples, cherries, blueberries, apricots and avocado (Yep it’s actually a fruit).
Anti aging spa snack ideas
Nutsy Easy spa snack
Set out an attractive dish with the following nut combinations:
Yogurt Bonanza spa snack
For every 8 ounces of Vanilla yogurt add ¼ cup of one or a combination of the following fruit:
Apricots – Cut apricots into teaspoon size pieces
Eggsy Delight spa snack
Deviled eggs are a big hit at any party. They can be low calorie or high calorie.
You pick. For a great deviled egg recipe check out this recipe:
Happy Veggie spa snack
For this spa snack, there are two ways to go. You can serve your veggies raw with a dip or you can steam them with a topping (optional). Some vegetables, like broccoli are more nutritious when they are steamed because steaming makes them more digestible. The Happy Veggie spa snack includes an easy raw vegetable snack with a yogurt dip.
Vegetables to include on trey include any or all of the following vegetables: carrots, celery, yambean (jicama) and yellow peppers. It should also include two fruits: cherry tomatoes and avocados. If you’re not going to serve right away, top the cut portions of your avocado with lime juice to prevent it from turning dark.
Serve your veggies with fresh lemon wedges for the avocado and a yogurt dip for the other veggies and tomatoes. Here’s a great recipe for a healthy tzatziki dip.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (strained)
- 2 English cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped fine
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well mixed. Add yogurt and mix well. Then add the cucumber and chopped dill. It’s a good idea to refrigerate the dip at least 2 hours before serving to allow time for all the flavors to blend.
This dip is also absolutely divine served with pita bread.
These spa snack ideas are to provide excellent anti-aging snacks. If you get your creative juices going, you can probably come up with hundreds of ideas of your own. Be sure and share them with the SpaFromScratch community when you do. You can either post them as a comment or send us an email at email@example.com  and we’ll post them for you. If you give us your name, we will give you full credit for the recipe or idea.
Now go have fun and relax.