Basic Soap Making
Easy and Beautiful Homemade Soap Recipe
If you’ve never made soap before, this is where to start. Soap making from scratch where you add lye and oils to create saponification (saponification is a chemical process that occurs when you add a base such as lye to oil. We’ll learn more about that in later posts), takes a little practice and quite a bit of caution because you’re using lye.
We’ll be getting into that in later posts, but for now let’s just have some fun with this super simple recipe.
Materials you will need:
- 1 melt and pour soap which you can purchase at your local craft store.
- 1 or two molds which may also be at your local craft store
- 1 Pyrex measuring container (2-cup size is fine for now)
- 1 bottle of colorant – also at your craft store
- Fragrance oil of choice
1. Cut melt and pour soap into chunks (about an inch or so)
2. Melt soap in container either in the microwave or over hot water (If you use a microwave start at 40 seconds then re-stir every10 seconds until melted. Over hot water, stir continuously until melted.)
3. Once soap is completely melted, add a few drops of color and 10 drops of fragrance oil
4. Pour into mold(s) and let cool thoroughly
Remove from mold by gently pressing bottom of mold with your thumbs until the soap releases and presto you have just created your first batch of homemade soap.
Now go have fun and relax.
The Best Hand and Body Wash or Acne Body Wash
Foaming Hand Soap – A Recipe You Will Love
Homemade Soap – Customize for a Perfect Gift Basket
Easy Homemade Bubble Bath
Super Easy Energizing Shower Gel Recipe