Cheap Beauty Products Are the Best
Ever heard of k.i.s.s.? It’s an acronym for ‘keep it simple stupid’. In my humble opinion, that’s the best approach to beauty products. Now, don’t go running off into the sunset screaming obscenities at me until you hear me out. Creating cheap beauty products is not the only reason the k.i.s.s. approach is best. You can have products that are effective, healthy and cheap. It just doesn’t get better than that.
The ancients used cheap beauty products
Women have always been just as infatuated with being beautiful as we are today. It’s true that they slathered some really bazaar substances on their skins. It’s also true that some of those substances were toxic, like the use of lead based powders to lighten skin or bird poop used by Geishas (actually it’s still used today). Fortunately for those of us in quest of cheap beauty products many of the products used by the ancients were effective and as good for us today as they were for them in their day.
Another interesting fact about cosmetics worn by ancients is that they continued to use them even after they knew they were toxic. Kinda’ reminds me of us in this advanced modern world in which we live.
The goal in our quest for cheap beauty products
The goal here is to determine if cheap beauty products are as effective as their spendy cousins. Let’s take one cheap and natural product, olive oil. It’s been used for thousands of years as a skin care product. It’s natural, it’s one of the cheapest beauty products you can buy and it works. Okay, one cheap product doesn’t constitute an armory for your skin. So, let’s look at a few more:
- Colloidal oatmeal is one of the best skin care treatments to moisturize and soothe your skin
- Honey has healing properties and moisturizes
- Avocado is a natural emollient
- Many essential oils are effective in helping to keep skin in peak condition. They can be a bit expensive to buy initially, but you have to remember, it only takes a few drops in a carrier oil to enjoy their benefits.
- Cucumbers work great as a facial cleanser and are noted for the ability to reduce puffiness under eyes.
- Yogurt works wonders as a skin smoother
Brewing your cheap beauty products
So, how do you brew up some of these wonder concoctions for your skin? You will find several recipes below to get you started. More will follow in later posts. Just remember that cheap beauty products are the best because you can easily make them fresh. That way they don’t contain emulsifiers, chemical fragrances or other additives.
Some cheap beauty product recipes
- Camellia oil – Camellia oil works great as an emollient when you apply a small amount your face. It is one of the most readily absorbed oils and won’t cause you problems if you are acne prone.
- Olive oil – Like Camellia oil, olive oil can be applied directly to your skin. It’s great and cheap, but if you have extremely oily skin, you may want to opt to use Camellia oil.
- Yogurt – Yogurt can be applied directly to your skin. Allow the yogurt to remain on your skin for 5 – 10 minutes and rinse off. Voila you’ve got nice smooth skin. We’re going to cover yogurt all by itself in a future post.
- Essential oils – There are probably more recipes using essential oils as there are dollars in the national debt. Here’s a super simple one that’s easy to make: Add 20 to 50 drops (let your nose be the guide) of lavender essential oil to ½ cup sweet almond oil and you’ve got a relaxing bath oil.
As I said, in future posts we’ll be covering many, many recipes for you to try. Some will be dirt cheap to make and others will cost a little more, but all will be natural, good for you, effective and fun to try.
Now go have fun and relax.
Forever Young Face Cream Recipe
Personal Schedule for a Beautiful You
How to Give Yourself a Facial
The 11 Steps to Beautiful Skin