Clay Body Wrap for Your Spa Day
Put on your spa day music, light your spa day candles and luxuriate in the opulence of a clay body wrap. You’ll be glad you did. This post is the recipe for the perfect spa day clay body wrap.
First select your clay.
- If your skin is dry or delicate, use rose clay (pink kaolin).
- If your skin is oily, use Bentonite clay.
- If you have a skin condition such as acne, use Moroccan (Rhassoul) clay.
What you will need
- 2 cups of mineral water
- 1 cup of your chosen clay
- 1/3 cup Dead Sea salt
- 10 drops rose geranium essential oil (Do a patch test for sensitivity)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (Do a patch test for sensitivity)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Before you begin combining the ingredients, decide where you are going to lay while the clay wrap is working its magic. You may want to choose your bathtub or easy to clean exercise mat. If you choose to lie on your bed, make sure you cover it well with thick absorbent towels.
- When you’re ready, heat the water to the boiling point then add the Dead Sea salt and stir until it is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the Dead Sea salt and stir until the salt is dissolved.
- Allow the water to cool just enough so that it won’t burn your skin then add the oils.
- Apply a thin coat of the oil to your body avoiding your eyes. (It’s helpful if you have a little help applying it to your back. Hey, I have an idea to solve that problem. Why don’t you invite a friend over and have a mini spa party?)
- Wrap your body in towels or plastic wrap. Plastic wrap is my preference.
- Lie down and relax for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove as much of the clay as possible with wet towels so as to avoid clogging your shower drains. Finally rinse off in a nice warm shower.
There, see how easy that is. You can also change the essential oil blend you use. You might prefer Clary sage and lavender or how about jasmine and lavender. If the essential oil blend smells nice to you, is relaxing and you’re not sensitive to it, go ahead and use it.
One word of caution: If you’re pregnant, you should not use a body wrap as part of your spa day. If you have any other ailments, particularly those related to your circulatory system, clear it with your doctor first.
Now go have fun and relax.
Spa Day Treatment – The Muds
Homemade Spa Day
Don’t Have Time for a Spa Day? Think Again
Barbara’s Home Spa Treatment
Couples Spa Day