Not everyone would agree, but there’s something nice about a facial mask that you get to peel off at the end versus simply rinsing. I think it must satisfy some sort of primordial instinct, but since I’m not sure about that, suffice it to say, peeling is fun and being able to create a cucumber peel off mask is better yet.
What you need to make this cucumber peel off mask:
1 cucumber – You will use ½ of a large cucumber or a whole small one.
1 green tea bag
½ cup water
¼ cup aloe Vera gel
1 Tbsp plain gelatin
- 2 oz green tea – Add 1 teabag to ½ cup boiling hot water. Set aside to steep.
- Blend ½ a large peeled and seeded cucumber into a mush. Then strain out the solids
- Set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp plain gelatin into the tea reheating if necessary. Heat just enough to completely melt the gelatin.
- When the gelatin is melted, pour it into a bowl and add cucumber juice and aloe vera gel.
- Mix well and let it cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
To use this cucumber peel off mask:
- First wash and dry your face and neck area.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck avoiding your eyes.
- Sit down with a good book and listen to some soothing music until the mask is completely dry.
- Peel off mask and rinse face with warm water.
Give it a try, I think you’ll love this mask, particularly since it’s great for your skin, fun to use, and inexpensive to create. Tell me now, how can it get much better than that?
TIP: To help with puffiness and dark circles around the eyes, lay back while waiting for your mask to dry and place a cucumber slice over each eye.
Now go have fun and relax.