Dollar Store or Maui Jim Sunglasses
Sunshine is a much coveted commodity here in Seattle, but when it comes, it’s time to don the sunglasses. You can buy a lot of dollar store sunglasses for the price of one pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. The big question is why buy a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses or other quality brands. Why not go out there and buy 30 pairs $10 sunglasses vs. one pair of Maui Jim sunglasses for $300?
The dollar store glasses are more than likely going to have a thin coating of material covering the lens of the glass. They scratch easily and wear out quickly. Plus it’s no fun when the cheap frames break leaving you with no protection for your eyes. Of course, if you have 29 extra pairs with you when you’re playing tennis or hiking in the woods I guess you’d have it covered.
What you get with a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses
- Durability – It’s hard to scratch a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses
- Excellent customer service – If I do have a problem with my Maui Jim sunglasses, I know the problem will be taken care of quickly.
- Glare protection – Maui Jim sunglasses block glare every which way it comes at you whether that be from the front, back or sideways. Glare makes me squint and squinting causes wrinkles. I just have to say no to that.
- Excellent UV protection – I don’t have to remind our divas how important it is to protect their eyes from the damages of UV. You know that already.
- There is no distortion when I look at the world through my Maui Jims.
- Saltwater safe – That’s good for me living here in the Seattle area with dozens of beaches to explore.
I don’t think there’s another pair of sunglasses anywhere that has a better feel than Maui Jim sunglasses. My pair is extremely light and never slips forward on my nose. I love them.
I like the way I look when I wear my Maui Jim sunglasses. I know that I would probably feel a little trendier with Gucci or Prada, but what can I say. Sometimes you just gotta’ go with what you like the best.
Maui Jim sunglasses come in a variety of styles to choose from. Of those, the most popular is the Titanium Sport™ line, the Kapalua. These are great for the really active goddess. I own the Fleming Beach.
Yeah, Maui Jim sunglasses cost more than the dollar store brand. Mine came in around $300 or so, but they’re an excellent investment in my eyes and skin (remember the whole glare thing causing wrinkles).
There are a lot of designer brand sunglasses to choose from ranging all over the place in price. Some go all the way up to around $5000. I just had to take a look at those. I don’t know what I expected, maybe platinum frames or something, but I personally thought they were ugly spelled with a capital U. Anyway, I can’t attest to the value of any of the other brands, but I can confidently recommend Maui Jim sunglasses for our Divas.
Now go have fun and relax.