In the post Aloe Vera Gel for Hair , there is a recipe for using aloe vera gel as a therapeutic rinse for your hair, but you can also use it as a gel to hold that do in place. That, beautiful goddess, is what this post is all about.
Light hold – General Recipe
½ cup organic aloe gel
4-5 drops vitamin e
5 -10 drops essential oil
For specific problems, use the following:
- Psoriasis – ½ cup aloe gel with 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Eczema – ½ cup aloe gel with 5 drops lavender and 5 drops geranium essential oils
- Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff – ½ cup aloe gel with 5 drops lavender and 5 drops tea tree oil
- Itchy scalp – ½ cup aloe gel with 5 drops rosemary and 5 drops tea tree
- General problematic scalp – ½ cup aloe gel with 10 drops peppermint essential oil
Gently massage into scalp with fingertips. This promotes hair growth by increasing circulation to the scalp. For best results use your aloe vera gel on clean and towel dried hair
1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
½ cup warm water
½ cup aloe vera gel
10 to 20 drops essential oil
4-5 drops vitamin e
Mix gelatin with warm water until gelatin is dissolved. Use a stick blender to incorporate aloe vera gel into gelatin mixture.
Same as above but use 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
If you need more holding power, increase the amount of gelatin ¼ teaspoon at a time until you get it perfect for your hair.
Store hair gel in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Keeps for 1 week.
Research backed Aloe gel topical benefits for the hair and scalp:
- Antibacterial/anti-fungal/antimicrobial properties
- Skin rejuvenation and repair
- Seborrheic dermatitis (seborrhea, dandruff)
- Dry skin
NOTE: The vitamin e oil: preservative, antioxidant, antioxidant, keeps hair hydrated, help with damaged hair and split ends, adds shine, helps prevent breakage.
Any time you use a new product, purchased or homemade, you should test it first to make sure you aren’t allergic to any of its ingredients. Although the above recipes will be fine for most of you, some people are sensitive to certain essential oils. Be sure and let us know how you like these recipes and share any wisdom you may have with the other gods and goddesses that come here.
Now go have fun and relax.