If you have young girls in your life, related or not, it’s loads of fun to have a spa party with them. It’s a wonderful bonding experience that they will always remember. In addition, you will have the opportunity to teach how to better care for their bodies. That’s a benefit that will last them a lifetime. It doesn’t get much better than that.
You might begin your spa party fun by making the skin and hair care products you wish to use. You can also use purchased products. Either way, you’ll need to be sure that you are using skin care products that work for all skin types. If you don’t, you may end up spending more on products that are unique to individual skin types. The exception to this is if you’re party includes a teen with acne, then you may choose product(s) helpful in solving the problem.
If you have two bathrooms complete with tubs, you can have a full-blown spa experience which includes a bath, hair treatment, facial, manicure, and pedicure. However, you can also limit your party to a facial, pedicure and manicure. How you set up your spa party depends on the amount of time and number of tubs you have available. Regardless of what spa treatments you decide to include in your spa party, you should include aromatic candles, relaxing music and treats. Explain the purpose of what you are doing so the girl(s) understands the reason you chose the products, fragrances, and music. (Note: If the girl is a friend, ask her in advance if she has any allergies to foods or skin care products. Even if she is unaware of any allergies, keep to hypoallergenic products to be on the safe side. You want your spa party to be a positive experience for her.)
You will find everything you need to set up your party by visiting the “How To” category found to the right of your screen. However, I do have a few things to recommend.
- If you choose to include a bath as part of your spa party, I recommend using Dead Sea salts. For bath salt information check out “How to Make Bath Salts the Right Way.” Click here to access the post on bath salts. Also, be sure and use soft robes and towels.
- For shiny hair, that will be particularly popular with teens, check out “Shiny Hair: A Guide to Making Your Hair Glow.” Click here to access that post.
- For a facial, I strongly recommend the colloidal oatmeal mask, check out “The Best Colloidal Oatmeal Mask.”Click here to access that post.
- If you opt out of the bath, consider a foot and hand soak instead. They are an awesome prelude to a pedicure and a manicure. Click here for information on do-it-yourself pedicures, and here for information on do-it-yourself manicures.
- As part of your spa party, you and your girl(s) can make an awesome snack. Check out “Granola Bars on Steroids: The Perfect Spa Part (or any other time) Snack.” Click here for the recipe.
The goal here is to keep the experience relaxing and enjoyable. Whatever you do, don’t let it degenerate into an argument. During the time of the party, forego any urges you have to be a lecturing adult. When you are explaining the importance of skin care and the best ways to do that, do so gently. Start with words like “I do this because….” Don’t use a phrase like, “You should do this because….” Let the girl(s) lead the conversation while you’re waiting for your masks to dry or enjoying snack time. If she asks for your opinion, give it. Use words like, “Well, if I was having that problem, I think I would……” Follow that with, “But that’s me, what do you think is the best solution?” If she asks you what you think she should do about a problem in her life, you might say, “What do you think is the best solution to that problem?” You empower her that way and help her realize that she too is a goddess.
Now go have fun and relax.