It can be a lot of fun and inexpensive to have a spa party at home if you plan it right. The party might consist of a few of your closest friends, the friends of your teenager or even the friends of your children (usually girls). This post will cover the elements of a spa party at home and how to plan it out.
Spa party at home – space
How many people you should invite to your spa party will depend on how much space you have available. Suffice it to say if you live in a 600 square foot apartment, you aren’t going to be able to invite as many people as you can if you live in a 16000 square foot mansion. Just be reasonable with how many guests you invite. Spa parties are all about fun, comfort and relaxation.
Spa party at home – cost
The cost of a spa party can be pretty much as reasonable or expensive as your budget will allow. For instance, if you are going to do massages as part of your spa party, it’s inexpensive to create or purchase massage oil and have each guest perform simple neck and shoulder massages on each other. However, you’re going to pay a lot (over $100 an hour) if you hire a professional masseuse to provide massages for you and your guests. Of course, you can always ask your guests if they would like to split the cost of a professional.
Another cost determining factor is how much you provide your guests. For instance, you may opt to provide towels, robes (or terry wraps), slippers, manicure sets, pedicure sets, nail polish, facial creams, masks and so forth or have each guest bring their own. You may also provide all the spa party snacks or have your guests each bring a snack a la potluck style. As you can tell, a spa party at home can be quite expensive or cost almost nothing.
Even if your guests are basically going to provide their own supplies for your spa party, it’s a good idea to have a few extra towels and an extra manicure and pedicure set or two available for those absent-minded guests that forget to bring theirs. You can also make up a colloidal oatmeal mask and or make awesome massage oils, creams and lotions for your guests to try. It’s always fun to try new things. None of these spa creations are expensive to make and will add spice to your party. Also, don’t forget to pick up a few cucumbers for your guests to use on their eyes if your activities include facials.
Spa party at home – activities
The following activities are great spa party activities:
- Pedicure (usually this involves a foot soak so don’t forget you will need basins for this purpose)
- Delectable snacks
- Beverages (this is a great time to introduce your guests to the delights of white tea.)
Spa party at home – preparation
- Prepare a day or two in advance any spa creations you want your guests to try.
- Have on hand scented candles and a relaxing music CD (Note: you may find a station on the radio or television that plays relaxing music with no commercial breaks.)
- On the day of the party prepare snacks. (This may be done the day before depending on what type of snack you are preparing.)
- Decide where your guests will sit during the various activities
- If you are not calling in a professional masseuse with a massage table and you don’t have access to one, a chair provides a good place for wonderful neck and shoulder massages.
- If you are short on space, the various activities can be broken up. In other words, some guests can be doing massages while others are doing facials. Remember, this is a party and it’s all about having a wonderful fun experience for everyone including you, so don’t get uptight and stressed.
- If you’ve made products or snacks that your guests like, they will want your recipes so they can make them at home. You might want to print a few copies of the recipes in advance.
These are just a few ideas on how to have a spa party at home. Actually, your spa party can consist of a single activity, say a facial spa party or a variety like this post suggests. The important thing is to have a really good time. Keep your guests in a positive upbeat mood. Avoid discussions that are depressing or gossipy. If you hear the conversation aiming that way, gently change the subject.
Now go have fun and relax.
How to Have the Best Home Spa Party Ever
How to Have a Spa Party with Budding Goddesses
Granola Bars on Steroids – The Perfect Spa Part (or any other time) Snack
Spa Day at Home Movie Recommends
How to Give Yourself a Facial
Quick Manicure at Home
How to Give Yourself a Quick Pedicure
Foot and Hand Bath
Scrubs and Masks