Lips, Lip Balm and Sex
Wait a minute. What do lips and lip balm have to do with sex? Answer: everything. Let’s start with sex.
Dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and adrenaline are super feel good hormones and you get them all with a really good kiss. Therefore, keeping those lips kissable is really important and how do you do that? Lip balm.
- Dopamine – provides feelings of enjoyment and reinforcement which motivates us to do or to continue doing certain activities
- Oxytocin – evokes feelings of contentment, reductions in anxiety, and feelings of calmness. There is some evidence oxytocin may be related to male and female orgasms.
- Serotonin – is associated with sexual arousal and function
- Adrenalin – increases libido
In addition to these sexy hormones, if the kiss is sloppy, messages are transmitted to the female through male saliva. In the saliva of males, testosterone is prevalent and that, my sweet friend, is what the woman gets a dose of when the kiss is a bit sloppy. Testosterone increases sex drive. Pretty cool, huh?
Now everybody knows there’s no way a kiss is going to get planted on dry, cracked, peeling lips. That would be just totally gross. Therefore, the object is to keep those lips smooth and kissable. Lip balm helps keep them that way.
That’s not always easy to do given all the demons of unkissableness that lurk about. Dry weather is one such demon. Excessive licking is another culprit. Licking can chap lips and possibly make them bleed and that makes lips so ugly they are totally unkissable. Salt can suck out moisture from lips and give them that not so adorable prune-like look as can other dehydrating agents.
To keep those lips kissable and sexy, there’s nothing better than a good quality lip balm. We make our own from scratch. It’s a lot of fun and easy to do. The hardest part is deciding what flavorings to use.
In our recipes we use:
- Beeswax – This is the base of our lip balm recipes. It’s a natural alternative to petroleum based products and acts as a sun shield.
- Honey – Honey is hygroscopic (draws moisture from the air to help keep lips moist. The only drawback to using honey in lip balm is the slight sweetness to the lip balm that may incite some people to excessively lick their lips. That isn’t a bad thing unless it leads to a licking habit.
- Oil – We use a variety of oils including almond which is one of our favorites.
- Essential oil – This is a food grade flavoring such as orange. The essential oil we use varies depending on the lip balm recipe.
Now you know how sexy it is to be kissed, and how easy it is to keep those lips kissable by protecting them. You also know why it is so important to keep those lips of yours absolutely soft and inviting. Lip balm is a great way to help you achieve this.
Now go have fun and relax.
The Dangers in Lip Balm Use
Easy Homemade Lip Gloss Recipe
Want to Make Your Own Lip Balm
Lip Balm Addiction – Is It Real?