The following homemade lip gloss recipe is just one of thousands you can try. Some recipes are designed to moisturize, some are primarily for flavor and some are healing. However, all of them are fun to make and after you have tried a few, you’ll find yourself creating your own “secret” ingredients that will make your lip gloss truly unique.
Moisturizing homemade lip gloss recipe
- 1 – 3 containers depending on size (1 tablespoon = ½ ounce)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- ¼ teaspoon flavoring – suggest using vanilla (Note: If you tend to lick your lips often with added flavoring, we suggest leaving it out. Too frequent lip licking is not a good habit as you can end up with dry chapped lips.)
- Melt the coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler or over hot water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the additional ingredients.
- Pour into a clean container(s) and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Seal the container(s).
I hope you enjoy this lip gloss recipe as it will keep your lips soft and moist. Keep in mind that you can vary any homemade lip gloss recipe by changing the flavor and/or the oil in your lip gloss recipe. For instance, you might consider using sweet almond oil instead of coconut oil and flavoring your creation with strawberry or cherry flavor.