Spa Gift Basket – It’s Perfect When You Make It Yourself
So why in the world would you want to make a spa gift basket? After all, you can buy a beautiful spa gift basket from a catalog or online. The answer to that question is simple. If you create a spa gift basket, it will be a much more personal gift than one you buy. It will show you cared enough about the recipient to prepare a spa gift basket with only that person, couple or family in mind. There’s another reason to make a spa gift basket rather than buying one; you can save a lot of money (or not depending on the options you choose for your basket).
In this post we’re going to focus on important information you should have before creating your gift basket.
Step 1 – Who is the spa gift basket for?
- Sounds like a stupid question, doesn’t it? It’s for John, Carmen or the Jones family. So, who is John? What does he like and dislike? Does he drink tea, coffee or both? Does he eat candy? What kind? How about Carmen? Does she shower or bathe? Then there’s the Joneses. How many are in the family? What ages are the kids? Are they a granola family or a McDonald’s family? Get my drift here? Think about that gift recipient’s likes, dislikes and lifestyle.
Step 2 – Acquiring the materials for your spa gift basket
- A basket – It may be a basket you have at home, one you purchase from a thrift store, import store or online. You can also opt to use something totally unique such as a planter (if your recipient gardens), fancy bowl, etc. I like to use a “basket” that I think will be useful or enjoyed by the one receiving the gift.
- Presentation materials – The right presentation of your spa gift basket will give it pizzazz that will thrill the gift recipient(s). These will include sheets of colorful or clear plastic large enough to go completely around the basket. Ribbons, bows, small boxes (optional depending on the contents of the basket) and organza or other decorative bags make up the balance of the materials. Hint: you can make these bags yourself quite easily or purchase them from your local craft store or online.
Step 3 – The contents of your basket
- Strictly spa – This is the part that makes it a spa gift basket. You can opt to include a variety of creams, lotions, bath gels, bath salts, foot soaks, hand soaks, face masks, bath bombs, soaps and any other spa related item. You can choose to theme these items as in from one company (if you buy them), one fragrance type (e.g. lavender) or one purpose (e.g. foot bath). Hint: You can use sampler sizes to save money and add variety. What’s really great is that you can also make any and all of these items yourself.
- Spa related – You might want to include scented candles, a music CD, a book/magazine, a loofah sponge, towels and washcloths. You can also include a gift certificate to get a massage from a professional masseuse.
- Special goodies for a spa day – Snacks can include candy, nuts, crackers, cheeses. Teas and coffees also make good additions. If you know the person’s taste in food, it really helps. You don’t want to give coffee to someone who only drinks tea or wasabi coated peas to someone who doesn’t like spicy foods.
Watch for my next several posts. I’m going to create a spa gift basket; for a woman; for a man; and for a family with two kids; for a teenage girl; and a romantic spa gift basket for a couple. This is just to get you started; you can change what you need to change to personalize your spa gift basket for your friends and family.
Now go have fun and relax.
Make Your Own Spa Gift Baskets
Spa Gift Basket for Women
Spa Gift Basket – The Perfect Romantic Gift for Couples
Spa Gift Basket for Men